Monday, October 6, 2008

These are some tomatoes I planted. Evidently, I planted too many and then did not give them enough sun because I am told that they are "leggy". I transplanted about 8 of them into bigger pots and put them in the sunlight. We will see what happens. It was just an experiment after all. I haven't grown a vegetable since the bean in elementary school where we learned about cotyledons.. I like that word. I hope I remembered it correctly. You may NOT laugh at my tomato planting skills!!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

This is weird, with the climate. We are planting tomatoes here, too. We plant them in spring.

So we spread a few in the pot, and pull out the extras with tweezers.

Then give them fertiliser, and off they go.

You are going to have LOTS of fun with your garden! Thanks for the peep. It is fun looking at other people's gardens.

xXx

LouAnne said...

Willa: Linda is right, you need to pull out the extras once you id the heartest sproute. Then when you transplant them either to the ground or a larger pot, plant them way down below the soil line with only the top two sets of leaves showing. this will make them strong as they will form roots at the places where there were leave sets that you buried!